Old 10-05-19, 05:06 PM
JonBailey
Schwinn Discovery

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Carbonfiberboy
The water bottles we all use are the way they are because they have developed according to rider demand for the perfect bottle over most of a century. 24 oz. standard bottles are less than 10" tall, quite a bit less, which says you haven't even tried a standard bike bottle. Go to your LBS and get a couple. I particularly like Fox bottles because they have a gasket in the lid, not necessary but I think keeps then leakproof longer. I think they're ~$7.00, something like that. Get clear ones if that's what you want. I like them the best for the reason you give.

And learn to drink from your bottle while riding. It takes practice, so start practicing someplace where it's safe to make mistakes.

Standard bike bottles are perfect to take everywhere.
See-thru bottles, especially clear ones, let me easily see how much is in the bottle and what is in the bottle by drink color: ice tea, water, cranberry juice without removing lid. I often have to stop for rests during rides: that's a good time to take a swig. Now, in a car I like to drink (no alcohol, mind you) and drive. That's where the one-handed convenience of a chug spout is handy. The syrup-bottle/dish-soap-style caps are awkward. Rigid bottles can't be squeezed.

Last edited by JonBailey; 10-05-19 at 05:10 PM.