Old 10-06-19, 11:44 AM
JonBailey
Schwinn Discovery

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by zacster
That's your problem right there. You want to use the same bottle for everything. Bike bottles stay on the bike. They've been made the same way for at least 50 years that I know and work great for cycling. My wife will use a bike bottle for running since they can be used without stopping. But in a car? Camping? It's a different use with different requirements. My car's cup holders are made to grip soda bottles or rest paper coffee cups, but when I rented a car the last one I had didn't hold the soda bottles and the coffee cup would tip, it drove me crazy. Every car is different, it is the bike industry that has it right with a standard size.
Can your bike bottles be frozen and still drank from? This works with rigid bottles with some type of chug spout that flips up. The bottom 1/3 of the water is frozen then the bottle is topped off with fluid after taken from the freezer to be used. No monkeying with ice cubes. The cap is left on loose while in the freezer so the bottle won't explode. Many chug spouts can be flipped open with one hand.