Old 04-20-20, 02:31 PM
Albion 

Bikes: 1980 Fuji Gran Tourer SE, 1974 Araya, 1986 Team Fuji

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked 35 Times in 19 Posts
A Newbie writes . . .

Hi Bike Forum, Albion here, a transplanted Brit who enjoys old bikes - and most importantly, riding them. I'd post several pictures but as a newbie BF will not allow me to do so until I reach ten posts - and this is Number Four. So a few words in case of interest: Came here in 1980 and purchased a lovely Fuji Gran Tourer SE to enjoy the rolling, killing hills of Boston's suburbs. Fast forward forty years, two charming children and wife sent by the Guy Upstairs, and I am now retired. Purchased another Fuji Gran Tourer SE, just the same, on Craigslist for $100. Spent happy hours restoring it, then purchased an early 1970s Araya literally pulled out of the ground for $37.50 (yes, we bargained that much). Purchased a Carbon Cannondale for wifey and hated it (Wifey: "Can you move the handlebars back an inch for me?" Cannondale: "That's $120 sir . . .) It also felt lifeless to ride, sort of like a lump (no slight meant in any way to the Carbon Community, it's just my view). Along the way brushed up skills not since Apprentice School to ream, braze and weld, next is bead blasting with an attachment to my 1980 Sears &Roebuck compressor. Thought for the day: A bike is the next best thing to a magic carpet. Will now post on My Favorite tools to make Post Number Six . . .

Last edited by Albion; 04-20-20 at 07:49 PM. Reason: Accuracy