Old 08-01-20, 01:19 PM
Dutchvintage

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Replacement cogs for 5 speed Maeda Perfect freewheel?

My first post.
Hi, I am Bruno from the Netherlands and I'm looking for replacement cogs for one of my two 5 speed Maeda Perfect freewheels.
Still having one sleeper with hardly any wear, but the other one is getting a bit 'tired' on the 3 middle sprockets (cogs?)
My gears are 14-15-16-18-20, a real flatlander as you can see. Nowadays, the 16 is my go-to gear with 18 when headwinds are a bit stronger.
In that case, after the turning point and wind at the back, I usually shift to 15.
I'm particularly curious to know, whether the middle 16 is a splined cog or a screw-on. And of course if still available or possibly, good replicas.
Same question for 15 and 18.

My bike is a Gazelle Champion Mondial from 1975, built up with a wild mix of what was available at that time.
I stopped using that bike regularly in the mid eighties and altogether in the early nineties, due to a knee injury that wouldn't go away when racing bikes.
By the end of last March I had no opportunities for keeping in shape anymore (all Icerinks had closed due to covid) so I reluctantly tried my first tour of 25 km and... nothing happened. Encouraged, I've been on the bike since, the weather allowing (no rain or high winds) and now I've logged just over 1500 km.
But now concerns over the wear and tear on the drive train are emerging.

Tried to upload a picture, but that will have to wait until I have 10 posts...
Likes For Dutchvintage: