View Single Post
Old 10-29-11, 11:43 AM
Commodus

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Braden1550
I'll admit it was a VERY poor choice of words, but I'm standing by my judgement as one of the only people in the 41 with one of these bikes, and a fair degree of experience in the other.

Twice as stiff, I should have kept it at that. And that's at a minimum. If you have also ridden both bikes, and would like to weigh in, be my guess-but please, you can't tell me how it "can't be that good" unless you've put in a few thousand k's on one. Much the same as I can't tell you how good a Lamborghini Reneventon is, or how it can't be that much better than a corvette.

Also, someone singled out one poor review-do a simple search for Dogma 1 reviews and you will find most people, paid or unpaid, whether they bought, own or sell them, absolutely gushing. Not to mention the awards it's gotten. If you're in any doubt about Pinarellos ability overall, have a look at the even greater swag of awards the Prince has.

Once again, I'd like to apologise for my poor choice of words, but I'm standing by everything else I've said.

Oh, and as far as the "modulus myth" argument goes, why doesn't Giant have rabobank ride their TCR Adv 1's? If you could afford what the pros were riding..

And also, on a larger scale, if higher modulus carbon was a myth, then someone better let the f1 teams know they are doing it wrong.

I'm also standing by what I initially said. Giants are good at everything, but the only thing they are amazingly good at is value for money. That's not to say they are a bad bike, far from it. You do pay a monetary penalty for a Dogma. Is it worth it? Well I'm telling you, because very few of you have no idea. If you can afford it, it's worth every cent.
Everything you're saying is nonsense, because you don't have a clue what you're talking about.

This isn't a crime, no one knows everything. But you aren't going to learn anything with this state of mind.