Old 07-09-12, 09:04 AM
mcafiero
Italian Stallion

Bikes: 2010 Cannondale Supersix; Dolan Df3; 1980's GIOS Pista;

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I haven't raced a lot this season so far. One Tuesday night there was a 5 lap scratch and sprints and I won those. Last weekend was Colorado Masters State. I was really disappointed with the turn out. I was only competing against 15 or 16 guys in my age group. I can't figure out why there are not more track racers.

Anyway I rode a disappointing 200 on a very fast track but I have been traveling the world, suffering jet lag and off a training schedule for like 3 weeks. My front wheels hub got loose and I couldnt stay in the sprinters lane. In fact I spent a lot of time way above the blue line. If felt like my front tire was flat, it was so squirrely. I won 3 out of 4 match sprints losing to a guy who has a good chance at winning at Nationals.

Won in team sprint with 1:08, which was pretty slow, I think. I know we all could have gone faster. Which is the good news going in to Nationals.

I'm trying to see if I can get it together by then. My traveling really hurt me and now it's about time to taper. Not ideal. We will see.

Last edited by mcafiero; 07-09-12 at 02:24 PM.