View Single Post
Old 01-17-18, 01:15 PM
Fiend606

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm almost 45 years old and I've lost 74 pounds since June 5, 2017. I started at 330 pounds and as of monday morning I was 256 pounds in shorts and a t-shirt. What really helped me the most were the wikis on /r/fitness and /fit/ boards. They break it down for you and give the straight info. Use a TDEE calculator(Total Daily Energy Expenditure) to figure out how many calories you need per day to lose weight and what your daily macros(protein/fat/carbs) breakdown should be. Another thing I'd recommend is to measure everything for awhile. Use measuring cups(dry and liquid), measuring spoons and an inexpensive food/kitchen scale that will weigh in at least half gram increments or smaller up to about 500 grams or more. Most people are terrible when it comes to judging portions so don't eyeball it. Its a pain to do for the first couple weeks but once the weight starts coming off you won't mind it, at least I didn't. You can't out exercise a crappy diet. Drink water, no juice or soda. Cut out sugar, junk food and take out. You'll cut out a lot of empty calories just from that. Look into "eating clean" for a few months, basic whole foods meals you prepare yourself. Meal planning and preparing your own food ahead of time for convenience also helps. I went with a high protein diet and found that eating ~200+ grams of protein a day filled that hole in my stomach I couldn't manage to fill with junk food/fast food/take out. I feel full most of the time and sometimes I have to force myself to eat and not skip meals. I use recipes from Paleo, Keto, Mediterranean and vegetarian/vegan diets but don't follow any of them. To lose weight you need to eat a calorie deficit compared to what your body burns to function and to work per day. Exercise will speed that up and is the cherry on top and will get you stronger and healthy.