Old 01-25-18, 03:28 PM
breadbin

Bikes: Raleigh 531c, Marin Muirwoods, Brodie Romax

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by brawlo
Probably what you really need to spend time on is exploring other ways of relieving and/or removing the stress. True the job itself may be a factor, but so too how you look at that stress and deal with it. By giving more time and effort to your life outside of work and investing time into exploring different ways of dealing with that aside from eating should be the winner for you. Once you can divert the focus away from food, then that should make it easier to modify the food factor
Thanks I do need to do that you're dead right. I have started with a little bit of mindfulness. I also taking a few pointers from a guy called Jordan Peterson. Things like setting goals, schedules, organisation and the like. It's not the job but the way I deal with it. Like learning new skills to do something.

Same with my diet. I learned from my parents or whoever that the reaction to stress is comfort and to protect yourself which to me means the couch and food unfortunately. Something I have to fix too. I guarantee if I fix the stress, the diet will sort itself out!