View Single Post
Old 03-27-18, 07:28 AM
Gerry221

Bikes: Giant TCR Advanced, Merida Racelight, Specialized Allez, Bianchi Doss 500 MTB

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked 51 Times in 23 Posts
Originally Posted by MRT2
Congratulations on making some healthy changes. But I am speaking as someone who made the same changes as you 5 or 6 years ago. And I, too, lost some weight and got healthier. And eventually, the body adapted and I found myself in about the same place this year as I was last year. healthier than I was, but still overweight.

Keep it up, but be aware the body has a way of adjusting to changes. And, great that you cut back on the colas and sweets, but be aware, the body is sneaky, and you could find yourself back where you started if you aren't careful.
Yeah, I understand exactly what you mean.

I am very vigilant regarding my health....and my cycling. Recently I have begun to introduce more hills and climbing in to the routes I go. Also, do more physical activities like Yoga, stretching and meditation....I do sit ups, planks and lunges.

I am aware of how the body gets used to one type of activity. I do have a plan in my head of how I will progress. So far, I am on target.

I know that my health and weight is a long game. No short cuts. I know that I will always have to keep an eye on it for the rest of my life.

I treat it like an addiction. I live for today. I look no further than today - albeit I do have a plan in mind. But, I know that things can change quickly and get out of hand - then I am back at square one!

I am in this for the long haul.....I Have 52 yrs of bad habits to break....