Carbonfiberboy 
just another gosling

Bikes: CoMo Speedster 2003, Trek 5200, CAAD 9, Fred 2004

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3889 Post(s)
Liked 1,938 Times in 1,383 Posts
Originally Posted by bpcyclist
So, pain progressed yeterday afternoon. More in my arm and neck. Finally, just went to the ED, pretty much based on age + symptoms. Enzymes and EKG and CXR were all pristine. Nice, seemingly bright, ED doc really just does not believe this is cardiac in nature. But have appt. with cardiologist in a few days. Perhaps a stress test... I dunno.

Still, I am extremely stoic and bad at taking care of my physical health (other than that I have a great diet and exercise a ton). So, for me to get up and go says it certainly had me worried. I never ask for help, unles it is bipolar stuff. Glad I did. In general surgery, there is a saying that goes: "Don't f*** with the pancreas." I am quite sure cardiologists and CT surgeons feel the exact same way about the heart...
Doubt it's your heart. I never heard of that pain just going away to quickly. WAG is that it's a pinched nerve in your neck or upper spine from all the bicycling. While you're stuck at home, try doing some exercises. A fave neck thing of mine is to completely relax my neck, then let my head flop all the way down and go all 360° like that, very slowly. That's harder to do than it sounds. Neck muscles are really hard to relax..Maybe try some overhead presses. Fool around, see if you can make it hurt by doing something or stretching something - or better yet, not hurt. Of course it's also possible that it's referred pain from who knows where. Certainly nervous making anyway. But the normal EKG sounds really good.