Old 05-12-20, 08:29 PM
Russ Roth

Bikes: 2010 Carrera Volans, 2015 C-Dale Trail 2sl, 2017 Raleigh Rush Hour, 2017 Blue Proseccio, 1992 Giant Perigee, 80s Gitane Rallye Tandem

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1088 Post(s)
Liked 1,024 Times in 723 Posts
Originally Posted by Ti Guy From HI
well if you spend 400 for hubs alone, i would hope you would pass me by. but i appreciate the advice and the links. thank you.

I did check with my local community build place and the only time i can get there they have reserved for minor repairs. i guess right now wheel building is out.
No certainty I'll be passing, I might spend the cash but that's cause I like how smooth and fast they roll, the color options, the fact they're as fast 20 years later as they were when new and kind of like you, decking out the bike to be unique in my own fashion.

Originally Posted by Ti Guy From HI
hey ill jump in if the water is right but im not gonna compare my bike to a bike with a set of $400 hubs. probably spend more on those wheels than what i spent on both of my bikes together for all eternity, i well if you get the colored ti spokes then definately.
i dont see the need to get out the measuring sticks.... oh yeah, yall l are road bikers, lol.. my bad. lol roadies...

we are all in it together my friend. i just chose not to ride on roads with no shoulder
Actually only have 2 sets on my bikes, the other is my MTB which at this point I spend more time on, and if it weren't for the kids I wouldn't mind smokin one while I roll but they're not even old enough to discover the stuff on their own. I'm not into a lot, but I really like my bikes and I just like having the most me bike possible and part of that is cool hubs. Partly I'm a roadie and mostly a bike geek.