Old 05-18-20, 07:08 PM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10947 Post(s)
Liked 7,474 Times in 4,181 Posts
Originally Posted by jimmyodonnell
I bought 4 bikes last week after shopping for a couple months. All four are Specialized Sirrus X models . . . but none of the 4 was my first choice, all were Plan B selections, due to the lack of avails for the models, colors and price points on the four I was seeking.

I had contacted so many dealers that Specialized CALLED ME . . . but they didn't offer any solution for the bikes I was seeking, they just wanted to ensure the dealers were responding to my inquiries. Their search tool involves a FIND NEAR ME coordinate, and I had entered inquiries in nearly 10 different zip codes to search various markets within a day's drive. I figured it would result in a day to drive up, then overnight, and a day to drive back with 4 bikes. I live near Miami, and I'm accustomed to driving up to 1000 miles to job sites on the east coast and mid-Atlantic . . . so if I could bundle all 4 bikes under one destination, that was my plan.

Anyway, I had to move up on all 4 bikes in model and price, and choose alternate colors, to find 4 available. I've pieced it together now by buying two at LBSs and the other two ordered from Specialized and shipped to one of the LBSs. And I was willing to buy 2 Canyons and go with just 2 Sirrus Xs, but the avail dates of the Canyons keeps moving later and later, and now the earliest avail on the Canyon I was considering shows mid-June. I was tired of the Canyon date moving later and later, so when I located the 4 Sirrus Xs I pulled the trigger, and spent about $1200 more than I'd targeted.
Why did you buy 4 of the same bike?