View Single Post
Old 05-25-20, 08:38 AM
Jim from Boston

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Liked 218 Times in 171 Posts
Originally Posted by sherbornpeddler
Speaking of new routes and insightful observations of old routes, I decided to ride my same old, same old loop de loop.

For me the season is still young and I am (trying to be) cautious about ramping up miles to avoid a tweak or setback. I think the same old is reassuring and routine maybe more so this pandemic year. After this foundation layer is down mix in some other known routes or go right to some of these new discoveries.

I've not been through the BCT tunnel and it has been a decade since stopping to watch the Hanscom air traffic. Exciting to look forward.
Originally Posted by Ghazmh
I’ve been down that way a few times this year. I rode down through Millis and hooked a right onto 109 through Medway just to ride by the plaza where I used to race remote control cars back in the mid 90’s. IIRC I rode up a side road which brought be to Holliston. Nice riding.
Speaking of Holliston, again this thread has wandered into my (and @sherbornpeddler’s) little-reported sector of Metro Boston.

I have previously posted:
Originally Posted by Jim from Boston
…I did a 60 mile loop starting at 5:45 AM, from Norwood on Rte 109 to Millis, Franklin, on to Rte 140 to Milford, where I could not locate the Upper Charles River bike trail, but did pick it up along Rte 85 to Hopkinton.

I've only read sherbornpeddler post about it, but IMO it rivals the Minuteman, and is more rural, even as passing through Milford.

PS: This is my only picture of the Upper Charles Trail. Sorry it's so fuzzy (taken on a previous ride):

I often ride from Hopkinton to Norwood via Ash, Prentice to Holliston then via Sherborn, Dover and Westwood. Yesterday, I took Highland in Holliston to Winthrop directly back to Medway, a great route. Village Street from Medway through Millis to Medfield is also a very nice street to avoid Rte 109.

One of my previously-mentioned “enchanted” roads is Causeway Street [in Medfield] off of Forest which intersects Village St, and I usually do a drive-by past a colleague's house to say “Hi” if he’s outside…
Originally Posted by sherbornpeddler
Jim,
Nice riding, nice trip and very glad to get your perspectives on Upper Charles Trail and Causeway. Here are a couple of photos in the Holliston portion showing a packed dirt section with advertising and new this year stone dust section further north.

Advertising and stone dust are both signs the trail outside of Milford has arrived.

Last edited by Jim from Boston; 05-25-20 at 10:42 AM. Reason: added PS
Likes For Jim from Boston: