View Single Post
Old 05-25-20, 10:53 PM
79pmooney

Bikes: (2) ti TiCycles, 2007 w/ triple and 2011 fixed, 1979 Peter Mooney, ~1983 Trek 420 now fixed and ~1973 Raleigh Carlton Competition gravel grinder

Mentioned: 129 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4802 Post(s)
Liked 3,923 Times in 2,552 Posts
I often find neck pain is an issue when I've been off the bike; that riding more is the best way to strengthen the muscles. When I am doing a lot of riding, it simply isn't an issue. (Actually a gym I used to go to 30+ years ago had a neck machine that helped me a lot, both cycling and sailboat racing. Cycling is like lying on your stomach with your head over the end of the bed. Sailing hiked out was like doing the same on my back. But the gym got new equipment and pointed out you could really hurt yourself using too much resistance on the old machine, I still miss it.)

Edit: on new handlebars and brake hoods - I don't tape the bars right away. I secure the c able housing with electrical tape and go riding with all the wreches for bars,stem and hoods. Bars don't get taped until I like the setup. That fist tape job is with cloth HB tape because it unwraps and re-wraps nicely so I can still move the levers without a lot of work.

Last edited by 79pmooney; 05-25-20 at 10:58 PM.