Old 05-28-20, 12:32 AM
guadzilla
Pointy Helmet Tribe

Bikes: R5, Allez Sprint, Shiv

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 519 Post(s)
Liked 627 Times in 295 Posts
So on today's ride - brutal headwinds (at one point, I was doing 200W to hold 21kph / 13mph). It was mostly an easy ride so i am tooling along in low Z2 at speeds that were embarrassing, given the headwinds. Look ahead, and there is a roadie who is going even slower (I think he was wearing tennis shoes).

Feeling the judgemental gaze of all of Bikeforums on me emanating from the 5G towers, I was debating on what to do. Given that this would have been an awkwardly long pass - enough for us to actually exchange sentences - I was trying to figure out a way to manage this in a manner that would unite everyone here in the 41 at my poised and adroit handling of the situation.

Suddenly, the effer looked back and saw me. We made eye contact. Reflexively, i lifted a hand up and waved - and also added a "hey". As i passed him, he looked expectantly at me, as if he was going to say something or was waiting for me to say something. Too much, too soon, hombre. I didnt make any further eye contact, repressed a sudden urge to hit him with my frame pump (mainly because I dont have a frame pump) and kept going.

I feel as though i have fallen from my perch atop Olympus.

Last edited by guadzilla; 05-28-20 at 12:35 AM.
Likes For guadzilla: