View Single Post
Old 09-04-17, 01:27 PM
Chr0m0ly 

Bikes: '84 Miyata 610 ‘91 Cannondale ST600,'83 Trek 720 ‘84 Trek 520, 620, ‘91 Miyata 1000LT, '79 Trek 514, '78 Trek 706, '73 Raleigh Int. frame.

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 685 Post(s)
Liked 370 Times in 219 Posts
Originally Posted by Rick Imby
There are tons of good non folding bikes. There are tons of good used non folding bikes cheap as you have found out---a bit of patience and you can find a good bike cheap.

There are very few good quality folding bikes sold. $800+ when new. The folding market is really focused on Cheap bikes. That is why there aren't many good folding bikes on the market used. There are a few brands that are very sought after---Brompton, Bike Friday, but they never seem to be for sale for less than $500 and that is if they are beat up.---The Craigs ad above for the bike friday at $350 is really rare.

I have a swift and a fairly nice Dahon Mu D10. I added my favorite bar ends to both of these bikes. It is very easy to adjust the handlebar height of both of these bikes while on a ride---It takes an allen wrench on the Swift but 15 seconds and I can have the bars at a different height. Most of the more expensive Dahon's have adjustable height bars with a QR adjustment.

Good luck in your search---I believe you are in a tougher shopping market than you are used to in the non folding bike market which is overflowing with bikes people want to get rid of.
This is good feedback, thank you. I've picked up a 3.0 Cannondale ST600, a Black Lightning, a Miyata 912, all around the 2 bill mark, if I need to adjust my expectations, that's good to know.