Thread: Today I (v2):
View Single Post
Old 07-04-18, 06:13 PM
TimothyH
- Soli Deo Gloria -

Bikes: 2018 Rodriguez Custom Fixed Gear, 2017 Niner RLT 9 RDO, 2015 Bianchi Pista, 2002 Fuji Robaix

Mentioned: 235 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6844 Post(s)
Liked 736 Times in 469 Posts
Today I found out that I have a blunt costophrenic angle. The radiologist report from my X-rays reads..

"Six radiographs. BB markers placed next to the lower right rib cage. Acute fracture of the anterior lateral right 8th rib next to the BB markers. Edema bruising blunting the right costophrenic angle. No pneumothorax identified. Review of the remainder of the right rib cage is normal. No collapsing pneumothorax. Review of the right clavicle and right shoulder is normal."

So my question to the doctor was, "What should I do?" She said to ice it and get X-rays.

So I spent $148 for X-rays yesterday and the doctor's report was placed on their portal - the answer hasn't changed - just ice it.

So why did I get X-rays? I already knew I had at least one broken rib. Now I know it is the 8th one. That's comforting.

Anyway, I rode 50 miles today on a very smooth rail trail. No sprinting or hard riding. 2 Advil and I was fine.

-Tim-