View Single Post
Old 03-17-20, 09:20 AM
JaccoW
Overdoing projects

Bikes: Batavus Randonneur GL, Gazelle Orange Excellent, Gazelle Super Licht, Gazelle Grand Tourist, Gazelle Lausanne, Gazelle Tandem, Koga-Miyata SilverAce, Koga-Miyata WorldTraveller

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 784 Post(s)
Liked 1,238 Times in 686 Posts
Originally Posted by Kilroy1988
This has been an excellent project, indeed! I missed the initial phase of posting and just caught up by staring at all of the photos and reading a bit of the information. I probably missed you saying so, but are you planning to run matching tires anytime soon? The rest of the bike being so spick and span seems to demand such attention to obvious details... Cheers!

-Gregory
Thanks Gregory.

Yes I plan on using matching tyres when I buy the parts to build the front wheel next month. But a dynohub and fancy rims are expensive and sometimes hard to come by so spread out buying things so it fits within my budget.
I expect this to be done in 2-3 months from now. Just in time for summer to start around here and to enjoy longer rides.

This month I ordered the lights so I can prepare some stuff and spend some time wiring everything up just the way I want. Looking forward to figuring out how to run the wire on the inside of the rolled edge of the fenders. Should make for a very clean look.
Likes For JaccoW: