www.theheadbadge.com

Bikes: http://www.theheadbadge.com

Mentioned: 124 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2422 Post(s)
Liked 4,396 Times in 2,093 Posts
Originally Posted by JaccoW
Mounted some lights today!

I gave the rear light the special treatment with a SON coaxial wire running through the rolled fender edges so it's practically invisible. I have a similar cable running through the frame to the headset so I went with one of SON's coaxial connectors. They are a pain to solder on but the end result is really nice and means I can just pop off the fender if I ever want to.
The front light was swapped to the other side to prevent water spray damage but I'm not sure I like how exposed it's going to be in racks this way. I'll think on what I want to do with that next month when I will hopefully be able to build the front dynamo wheel.

Instead of buying a new kickstand I decided to just strip and polish the old one. It was pretty corroded and the black paint was flaking off.
Absolutely beautiful, elegant, and at the core of the whole build, a practical bike. Wish there were more bikes like this being built in the States.

Incidentally, how stiff is the thumb shifter? I've tried to avoid them as my previous experience with indexed thumbies hasn't been that great - too stiff and too much throw for my thumb to reach without moving my palm. Are the Sturmey IGH thumbies easier to use?

-Kurt

Likes For cudak888: