Old 11-02-15, 10:48 AM
dubes

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. I rode this weekend and ignored the shifting/clicking pads, but had a harder time ignoring the fact that currently set up these brakes are weaker than the BB-7s they replaced. I get that these are supposed to have more modulation, where the BB-7s have more of an 'on-off' feel to them, but it feels like I have to use more hand pressure to stop the bike than with the BB-7s--or V-brakes, for that matter.

Now in fairness, I spent a hella lot of time dialing in the BB-7s which I haven't yet done with the Hy/Rds, but I thought the semi-hydraulic nature of the calipers was supposed to take out the fiddliness of brake setup. After all, there's not much more to the instructions beyond "pull the brake lever and tighten the caliper mounting bolts", and while everyone and his brother has a Youtube video showing how to dial in the BB-7s for maximum performance, I haven't found anything similar for the Hy/Rds (the few I've found are basically a video version of "pull the brake lever and tighten the caliper mounting bolts". )

Any ideas for getting the most out of the Hy/Rds? I'm already using compressionless brake housing and switched the pads to Swissstop sintered (using the stock rotors, 160mm front and rear).