Old 01-02-20, 03:50 AM
TinyBear

Bikes: Giant Boulder SE, Giant Seek1

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by fishtaco
Low and mid priced ebikes are all mass produced in China and just a cheap bicycle with some electrical components added so no not really worth what is being charged for them unless the seller is adding quality bicycle components
If you want to keep it for years make sure the battery pack is of good quality with the longest range, looks like some sellers and home builders are favouring the dolphin pac style and although bulky and ugly they are easily replicable without having to change the battery cradle or retro fit, If you buy a bike with slimline battery that integrates into the frame it could well be superseded and force many into buying a new model once the battery quits?

Is Volt Yukon "Yukon Trail"? Ask to see the full computer display spec sheet as many of them show "Yukon Trail" as the aftersales contact
https://www.voltbike.com/voltbike-yu...ited-2018.html

Thats the volt Yukon I was speaking of. Seems to have favourable reviews from what I can find. I just have no interest in the twist throttle and I dislike that shifter setup. But one I just dot have to use and I’m sure I can manage getting used to the shifter.

my only other hiccup with the bike is not being sure I want a fat tire bike.

They are China made bikes and then assembled and setup in B.C. Canada then shipped assembled (-pedals and the handle bars need to be put on). Batteries look a bit nicer than some other bikes I have seen and have Panasonic cells and a large capacity. And from the few reviews I have read the battery is pretty good.