HerrKaLeun

Bikes: Giant Toughroad SLR1 and Motobecane Sturgis NX

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 900 Post(s)
Liked 231 Times in 168 Posts
Originally Posted by willibrord
So many food issues in America.
Keto works because it resets your body's fat set point downwards by altering amounts of the hormone leptin.You feel full after consuming fewer calories.
Its critical to get the amounts of protein, fat and carb right, and it is tempting to up the carb portion. You really do need to keep carbs ultra low and especially avoid sugar, even sugar in fruit.
Plant based diets have hidden risks. Plants produce v. small amounts of toxins, actual poisons, that the plant uses to repel and deter insect pests. Some types of plant have much more of these than others. When you have a totally plant based diet, you ingest too many of these micro toxins and you actually start to poison your body.
As for fiber, interesting to learn that the Inuits thrived ona carnivore diet without any fiber at all. I never knew that before.
I've been following many keto podcasts etc. and the trend seems to be to get away from many plants for that reason.

The inuit may come across some plant food and fiber on occasion depending on location and season. But often and long it is animals only. Organs, especially the liver, contain many essential micronutrients. Eating animals nose to tail makes sense. In nature no one can afford to leave half the animal wasted.

People who argue argue against carnivore or keto have Mcdonalds eggs and burgers in mind. Obviously that isn't healthy.

There are many varying valid opinions and food science isn't very advanced yet. Obviously in our modern world it is hard to be fully natural. Even pure fruits and vegetables are bred or even genetically modified to be easier to process and have more sugar. Most of the fruit and veggies we buy today didn't exist in their form some hundred years ago, or were much smaller and less sweet. I still try to keep food as close to unprocessed as possible. I cook it, though, and eat cheese. So some processing.....