Old 03-18-20, 02:09 PM
deux jambes

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 535 Post(s)
Liked 346 Times in 196 Posts
Originally Posted by abshipp

One thing that has been present lately that never has before is a hesitation to meet someone for an in-person transaction.

For instance, there is a Cannondale frame in what looks like my size for a really good deal, but due to my obligation towards the more vulnerable members of society to limit unnecessary social interaction, it's just going to have to wait.
This is a really important point. Thanks for bringing it up.

Like the Cannondale frame you’re desiring, there is a very nice wheelset available locally. I needs wheels for the frame I have, and these are priced right. However, when I take into account that I may not have a job tomorrow, I also need to consider that meeting the seller in person is rather precarious.

I’ve spoken to him on the phone. He’s quite talkative, and he shared his age with me. He’s not quite senior citizen yet, but he is in the upper age bracket, and that puts him in a more vulnerable population if I understand right. In all honesty, I could be a carrier without symptoms, and I’d hate to pass the contagion to him. And if I’m going to be honest, my place of employment is in the trenches. I work at a homeless youth shelter, so there is a strong possibility I’ve been exposed even though we don’t have any reported cases. If that was the situation, the last thing I’d want to do would be to infect an older gentleman through an accidental handshake.

More, and more, neither the bike project, nor a good deal on a killer set of wheels appears to be important right now.
Likes For deux jambes: