Old 05-01-19, 05:57 PM
canklecat
Me duelen las nalgas

Bikes: Centurion Ironman, Trek 5900, Univega Via Carisma, Globe Carmel

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4559 Post(s)
Liked 2,802 Times in 1,800 Posts
Since my previous posts here I've finally found a CBD product that works as claimed for pain.

And it confirms the anecdotes from other cyclists and athletes that cannabis can relieve pain. I'd been skeptical, only because I hadn't found any CBD that worked for me.

The recent report below indicates that many athletes reported using it to reduce pain and enhance workouts in states where cannabis is legal.

Personally I'm not comfortable using marijuana or THC for the psychoactive effects, especially while riding a bike. Last summer when I was recovering from a shoulder injury, on a couple of occasions I took a couple of puffs from friends' vape pens during rest stops on bike rides. Just that small amount made me discombobulated enough that I dropped to the back of the group and cut the rides short.

But CBD doesn't have that effect and the type that I'm using now is very effective for pain.

I'm back in physical therapy for the shoulder and neck pain and take CBD about an hour beforehand. I wouldn't be able to get through some sessions otherwise. Ditto this afternoon. I had to ride to the store for errands, only a three mile round trip. My back was in spasms. I drank some coffee to which I'd added CBD oil. Within an hour I was able to ride to the store and back.

I've hardly needed the prescription hydrocodone and cyclobenzaprine since finding a CBD product that actually works. And it doesn't leave me drowsy or too lazy to work out.

Exercise Data Reveals 2 Reasons Why Athletes Combine Weed and Workouts
"We were stunned it was that high."