View Single Post
Old 07-12-19, 12:07 PM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,098 Times in 5,054 Posts
Originally Posted by Last ride 76
Dear sir, you pick at nits. More than that, you pick at nits out of context.

Alert: This is a load of garbage masquerading as science. While it may be technically accurate to describe them as all working by "creating a caloric deficit", the way this is achieved is NOT the same and has very different potential outcomes, and potential SIDE-EFFECTS, not all of which have been studied in a truly systematic scientific way.

"It says how these diets work *for weight loss*. Not for health. In that respect, it's completely accurate."

NB I acknowlege that it is technically accurate. you say completely... A nit, found.
Do you also fail to see that people looking for information about different methods of weight loss, are concerned about their health, or just choose to ignore it?

I do not see why you choose to point out the chart's technical correctness, while giving this for profit company a pass on ignoring the very different health implications of the diets in their chart. I do not see how that adds to the general understanding of weight loss methods.

You go further in your remarks, to what purpose, I am not sure. I held you no animus. I don't think we have ever interacted before. I even apologized if I sounded rude or arrogant.

I doubt that you are a shill for the company, so why such a snarky tone... "which last I checked..." Ouch.

Check again, perhaps. Hopefully we can recalibrate and start afresh. Best regards, Eric
He's not picking at nits, you're missing the point. People looking at diets are often looking for magic bullets, the point of that chart is that there are no magic bullets when it comes to weight loss. Nowhere does it state or imply they all have the same costs or benefits.
Likes For livedarklions: