Old 07-26-19, 05:13 AM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,094 Times in 5,053 Posts
Originally Posted by genec
He found the one car, parked off the road, near a sidepath, with a door open... thus a Door Zone Side Walk.

Of course since one is not busy staring at a mirror, it is quite easy to observe the car and door up ahead.

Of course if one were riding on the street, and encountered a Door Zone, and was flung out into the car or bus behind you... you'd be dead. In a DZSW you get flung onto an empty sidewalk or grass area.

Thanks mr bill for showing the other advantage of encountering the errant motorist on a sidepath vice busy street.
You keep lumping in paths with sidewalks, which is absurd, and is basically a strawman argument. I said above I wouldn't ride that sidewalk on a bet, and I would definitely be safer riding on that street. The path on the other side looks wonderful, and I would take that over the street, but that's a totally different calculation.

Here's another view of that sidewalk: https://www.google.com/maps/@28.0189...C8T-12J0uQ!2e0

If you ride on that sidewalk and feel safer than on the street, I don't think much of your ability to calculate probabilities.