Old 11-29-19, 11:06 PM
blakcloud

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 608 Post(s)
Liked 352 Times in 225 Posts
Do a search there are a few threads on the Domane here and they are recent. I picked up the 2020 SL6 and I love the bike. T47 bottom bracket, takes wide tires if you desire, has the hidden storage, nice clean cable design and of course the ISO system. It is a very comfortable and stable bike. Most of this is the geometry, just look at the head tube length compared to your last bike. It is not going to be a rocket, because it really wasn't designed for that, Emonda or Madone would be better. The biggest draw back especially for the 2020's is the weight. For a carbon fibre bike, it weighs more than most. I think you can offset this by buying lighter Bontrager Carbon rims as an option.

I have said this in other threads and I will say it again. My biggest regret is not buying the full SL7 with Di2 Dura Ace. I just spent $10,000 on a custom bike so I didn't want to spend much more on another bike. The problem is I like the Domane more.Live and learn I guess. Is the bike for everyone? No not at all. If you want a comfortable, stable bike with a great warranty, you can't beat the Trek Domane. Good luck with your decision.