View Single Post
Old 06-24-13, 01:55 PM
obrentharris 

Bikes: Indeed!

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1507 Post(s)
Liked 3,476 Times in 1,132 Posts
I will add to this week's wealth of California Photos. Apparently DMNHCA and I did similar rides but in opposite directions.
I started my day with a 15-mile ride from my home in Lagunitas to the Larkspur ferry terminal. My bike snuggled up with an older Gary Fisher Mtn. bike on the ferry and was joined by a Cannondale of significantly fewer years.

The ferry terminal in San Francisco is also home of San Francisco's Saturday Farmer's Market.

I made my way through downtown and out to Golden Gate Park, reliving old memories from 35 years ago when I used to commute by bicycle along this same route on my old Schwinn Hollywood.

Hall of Flowers

In one of the Parks many small meadows I came across the "Bicycle Music Festival!" The performer in the background is amplified by electricity produced by the line of pedalers on the left. In a few hours they were going to break down the whole affair and pedal it across town for another concert in the evening.

The next unusual demonstration of pedal power was provided by the pedal-boaters on Stow Lake.

Did you know that San Francisco has windmills?

The Palace of the Legion of Honor.

After my tour of the city i headed back across the Golden Gate Bridge, and pedaled home.

57 miles ridden, all on pavement.
1 boat ride.
2,300' of climbing.
Brent