Old 10-10-19, 02:30 PM
Jrasero

Bikes: Scott Foil RC, Specialized Aethos

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Liked 135 Times in 89 Posts
Originally Posted by GnipGnop
I would say the frame design has as much to do with how it rides as does the material used. To me, comparing the ride of one ti bike to another is kind of pointless for this reason.
I mean, we can all wax poetic about our rides and how we love the qualities of them, but its kind of silly to compare different frame geometries made with different materials aint it?
very true. There is an old saying with a bike you can only pick two: the bike being strong, bike being well priced, and the bike being light. There are steel bikes that are 15lbs but they are super super niche, cost a small fortune, plus like you said with the material used to make a steel bike 15lbs the ride characteristics has been greatly changed. Carbon for what it is worth is relatively strong, very light, and has loads of price points from $1,000 "entry level" to $10,000 prosumer bikes. Titanium due to production constraints will never be a mass assembled bike that Trek or whoever can sell, so Litespeed, Lynskey, Moots, Seven have to charge thousands of dollars. So for me carbon if the perfect material for making a bike lighter without skyrocketing the price.
Likes For Jrasero: