Old 02-27-21, 01:39 AM
btppberk

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked 26 Times in 23 Posts
Originally Posted by ooga-booga
glad you pulled it off! hope you brought that windbreaker/rainjacket. can't say i've ever seen substantial debris in the bike lanes on s2 between teofilio summit and scissors crossing.
the s2 > ca hwy 78 (and vice versa) is the main passageway for orange county/riverside/temecula/northern sd county off-roaders heading to/from ocotillo wells state vehicular park off the
78 before salton sea so plenty of dune buggies, atv's, etc on trailers with big trucks/rv's involved. lots of (just) rv's hitting borrego springs and scattered campgrounds out there as well in the
nov-april months.
I did bring the windbreaker, but it was just barely enough! Actually, my hands were the main culprits. Interesting about the state vehicular park. Did see some dune buggies and atvs being pulled.

On S2, I think the main culprit is the road buckling in places and tosses up sizeable chunks. The one I hit on my front tire was an instant flat. I hit something bigger on the back that was a major jolt. I don't think it would be much of a problem in daylight, and after the flat I slowed down and was able to avoid most of the obstacles.

BTW, I meant to ask you how you manage eating on rides thta start after long drives.

Last edited by btppberk; 02-27-21 at 01:44 AM.
Likes For btppberk: