View Single Post
Old 03-29-19, 10:54 AM
Doug64

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1182 Post(s)
Liked 833 Times in 435 Posts
Originally Posted by KraneXL
This is the best (and safest) way to do it. If you have the GoPro or other similar action camera it should be set to the highest resolution (4K) for the best rest results.

The thing about photography is that if you take enough photos you're bound to get some that look good. Nevertheless, that "random occurance" does not dismiss the fact that every time you take a hand off the handle bars and divert your attention you increase your likelihood of causing an accident or injury. Even taking a drink has to be at the right instance and under the right conditions, and that's a lot less distracting of your attention.

Just because something can be done doesn't make it prudent or safe, or wise. That's what he's taking about. But I'm sure this isn't something you don't already know.
I think you under estimate some people's skill and ability. My wife and I have decades of riding experience, a lot of that on loaded touring bikes. This winter while riding down to the gym my wife pulled up beside me and told me that I forgot to turn on my tail light. She told me to hold steady, then reached down and turned my tail light on. We were going about 17 mph on a road with little traffic. She handles a bike exceptionally well and is not timid. Taking a picture while riding is a much easier operation.