BillyD
Administrator

Bikes: Merlin Cyrene '04; Bridgestone RB-1 '92

Mentioned: 325 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11972 Post(s)
Liked 6,655 Times in 3,486 Posts
Originally Posted by MoAlpha
The only fish I’ve “caught” on a sailboat were flying fish who committed suicide. My wife keeps saying she wants to catch fish (and, in all likelihood, have me clean and cook them). No thanks.

I get seasick too, but only on the ocean.
Back in the day I did a lot of fishing from party boats along with my dad and my brother, mostly for bluefish and striped bass, mostly out of Montauk, sometimes out of Sheepshead, sometimes out of da Bronx. After a while I just got sick of getting sick on those Montauk boats, they were the worst because of the greater water depth I guess. Never met a calm day out on the water at Montauk. It was bad enough getting up before the crack of dawn, and bad enough driving 100 miles out to the boats and another 100 back, and bad enough having to clean all those fish once you got home . . . . but getting sick as a dog when you were supposed to be having fun just stopped making sense to me.

I gave up party boat fishing altogether whereas my accomplices never did, they kept going no matter what. I could only admire their insanity passion.

Last edited by BillyD; 09-10-19 at 12:42 PM.