Old 01-30-20, 08:38 AM
base2 
I am potato.

Bikes: Only precision built, custom high performance elitist machines of the highest caliber. 🍆

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1789 Post(s)
Liked 1,629 Times in 933 Posts
It's a shame that SRAM bought Powertap & then immediatly discontinued the C1 chain ring & the $350 price point it sold at so that it wouldn't compete with their Quarq offerings at 2x the $$$

Fwiw: Lacing in a new hub may/may not be about the same cost & save all the troubles of crank compatibility. I for one like the idea of the meter not being a more-or-less "permanent" part of the bike. You can always keep the wheels for future bikes & the possibility of using q-rings/ossymetric/oval rings of different sizes is preserved, should you decide to ever try. (Which I suggest you do. They're awesome.)

My wife & I had a set of P1 pedals for our tandem. Neither one of us liked them. They worked fine but the SPD-SL/Look Keo road cleats is just something neither of us could stand...That & the battery life was terrible.

Car dependency is a tax.