Old 01-30-20, 12:31 PM
base2 
I am potato.

Bikes: Only precision built, custom high performance elitist machines of the highest caliber. 🍆

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1789 Post(s)
Liked 1,629 Times in 933 Posts
Originally Posted by Bah Humbug
For us, we want to be racing with the same PM as training, so the power sensor in the smart trainer isn't recorded.

As for selling... we don't really sell bikes, to another of your points. We keep them for a decade, so that's much less of a concern. And we have the old cranks that the bikes came with we could reinstall, and cheap cranks litter the shelves of bike shops where people wanted to change out the old FSA Gossamers or whatever.

Ah well, glad you're happy, but I don't see anything that nefarious in the demise of the C1. It never gained much tractions. Prices will continue to drop.
Fair points indeed. Like you, I don't ever intend to sell any of my bikes. I do however value modular construction & the freedom it allows.

As to the C1, I don't see anything "nefarious" either. I think the price point was too low & people probably asked: "So low, what's wrong with it?" Then a few reports of water ingress or a cold solder joint or two probably caused a bad rep & that was all she wrote. Can't say I blame SRAM, it was redundant to their product line & likely had legacy costs & terrible margin at that peice point in relation to their other offerings. It was just a shame, that's all.

If the C1 ever goes south, I'll probably end up with an FSA Powerbox or similar 'cause nothing else is as suited to a Rolhoff equipped flat pedal touring bike. External bearing cup compatability with a Bushnell eccentric being the deciding factor. I drive by FSA's North America distribution hub daily. It wouldn't be hard to walk in with the bike in hand & ask them directly.

Car dependency is a tax.