Old 11-27-14, 02:30 PM
OldTryGuy

Bikes: Day6 Semi Recumbent "FIREBALL", 1981 Custom Touring Paramount, 1983 Road Paramount, 2013 Giant Propel Advanced SL3, 2018 Specialized Red Roubaix Expert mech., 2002 Magna 7sp hybrid, 1976 Bassett Racing 45sp Cruiser

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1065 Post(s)
Liked 780 Times in 502 Posts
I am in total awe of the abilities of so many here. Truly a bunch of older athletes.

Bicycling/spinning classes (when necessary)-never have done this exercise and probably never will.

All sorts of resistance training/weight lifting, TRX, stretch bands, free weights and similar-occasionally some stretch band but other than that there is just too much pain.

Swimming- taught myself how to move through the water since I took up triathlons 2.5 years ago, but it hurts to swim and can't get much pull due to wrist(left) that needs a total joint replacement, a shoulder(right) that needs a total joint replacement and right LTN damage resulting from bicycle crash.

A variety of stretches - in my case prescribed to prevent certain problems-just don't do them.

Walking (my body does not allow me to run due to trochanteric hip bursitis)-because of knee issues I can not run but I took up walking, Chi Walking, that allows me to complete marathons. Half marathon PR walking is 2:11:10 and marathon PR walking is 4:56:48. I have the Space Coast Half Marathon this Sunday-11/30, Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend 5K, 10K, 1/2 Marathon and Full Marathon 1/7-8-9-10/2015 followed by another 1/2 Marathon, 10K and 5K 1/11-12-13/2015 and then the Celebration Marathon 1/24/15.

Body balance-nope.

Muscle balance, imbalance-nope.

Nutrition-watch what I eat.

Body metrics - Blood pressure, cholesterol, etc.-nope, I do weigh myself often.

Body composition (fat/muscle/bones)-don't do anything about them.

So basically I bike, walk and swim, all the time being in some pain but pushing through it. Very rarely take anything OTC for the pain although my ortho doctors are more than willing to prescribe the bad stuff. When it gets approved, man, I'll see my doctors, man.......