View Single Post
Old 04-20-17, 05:30 AM
skids929

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by djmcnz
I'm not sure I'm a good gauge for you because I currently have a 30/32 setup that I inherited!! It's perfectly fine for the pavement and the hardpack but a bit unsteady on loose limestone chip and gravel. I'm pretty sure that some 35's would go long way to curing that. The carbon frame and geometry are excellent for multi-purpose use and that's what creates your platform.

I think essentially as long as you're not looking to get lots of air-time then the Sirrus is a fantastic platform. For mostly roads and paths I can't fault mine.

Agreed and thanks..I am just discovering the "gravel bike" category and in looking closely at them (online for now) they seem to be the same platform as the Sirrus. e.g. the Diverge from Specialized. Just seems the major difference is the flatbar on the Sirrus, but I need to get in front of these bikes and see what kind of tire clearance differences there are. Specialized seems to market that as more of an off/on road bike but am struggling to see the major differences between the two. If I can set the Sirrus up like one of those with a wider tire then I may pull the trigger this weekend.