Old 07-09-19, 09:00 PM
Kent T

Bikes: 2002 Trek 800 Singletrack, 1982 Bridgestone Spica

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked 41 Times in 32 Posts
Originally Posted by eja_ bottecchia
Thanks Kent. I appreciate your sentiments.

It was a sickening feeling, but the passage of time helps.

What kind of s/w do you have? I love s/w. When we arrived to the US, my Dad bought a 1967 Chevy II Nova s/w. That’s the car I learned to drive with. It was a beautiful turquoise color. My brother and I would go back in the cargo area and make faces at the drivers behind us.

Ever since then I have been hooked! Wagons are great and for my money, far more versatile that an SUV or a cross over.

I always liked the Olds wagons with the Vista Cruiser roof or the big Ford LTD wagons.

I have owned a couple of Benz wagons, a 1989 300 TE and a 2002 C320 wagon. I gave them to my kids...wish I still had them.

I may forget about the rack, sell the convertible and get a s/w. My bikes and my dogs would probably be happier.

Again thank you for your sentiments. We are a brotherhood/sisterhood. When something bad happens to one of us, it happens to all of us.
I drive a 1999 Ford Taurus SE station wagon. A dark metallic green. My wheelchair and velo hauler. Wish I had a Mercedes 300 TD Wagon or better Volvo wagon. Being that I have to have practical haulers for daily life due to rigid frame wheelchairs, my bikes, and also hauling HiFi back and forth repairing it, a Station Wagon functions best for me, or a small van. Have to have hand controls, a steering knob, and power steering and brakes. License requires it. So the bike, is my sports car. We cyclists really are a brotherhood, close knit cyclists tend to be watchful for their colleagues. I ride with a group of regulars, they're very protective and supportive of me, and me being the slowest and least mobile of their group. I love being a part of their rides, and proud they accept me as who I am and what I can do. Love at you always!!!

Last edited by Kent T; 07-09-19 at 09:05 PM.