View Single Post
Old 09-12-19, 10:07 PM
Jim from Boston

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Liked 218 Times in 171 Posts
Originally Posted by AlmostTrick
Right. I can't speak for others, but I already admitted that this particular crash would have been difficult to avoid in that final second. Also that it is rare.
Originally Posted by Jim from Boston
Thanks for your replies, @mr.bill and @AlmostTrick.

Rare but it does happen.
Originally Posted by I-Like-To-Bike
You might find that replies to your comments, which you seem overjoyed to receive and acknowledge, would be less rare if your posts were presented in a more readable, less jumbled format without the superfluous quoting of old posts.
And thank you too, @I-Like-To-Bike, for your response. I usually don’t reply in full about my posting style to such critiques until two or more syncophants have chimed in...
Now of course, I’m gratified that other subscribers do read, and indeed reply to my posts.
...PS: I just re-read @I-Like-To-Bike's response;"Rare" refers to the frequency of rear end collisions to cyclists, not the frequency of replies to my posts.
Originally Posted by I-Like-To-Bike
Re-read it again. I used the term "rare", to refer to the rarity of anyone actually quoting or responding to any of your wall-of-quotes posts; and so rare that you personally find it gratifying to post a thank you note to the rare responder for wading through the wall of rehashed quotes.
Thank you again for the favor of a reply. Out of gratitude for your validation of my posts, I did ponder your remarks. At first, I did indeed interpret your remarks as a rebuke of my posting style, but then realized in the context of the above quote chain, the putative interpretation is of a rear end collision as a rare event.

Nonetheless I do acknowledge your out-of-context implication.
Originally Posted by Unca_Sam
There's no further discussion here, just sniping. Perhaps it's time to close this thread.

Last edited by Jim from Boston; 09-12-19 at 10:16 PM.