Old 05-04-20, 01:55 AM
canklecat
Me duelen las nalgas

Bikes: Centurion Ironman, Trek 5900, Univega Via Carisma, Globe Carmel

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4559 Post(s)
Liked 2,802 Times in 1,800 Posts
Waked a couplafew miles Friday after a visit with the ophthalmologist. Thought I had a detached retina but it was posterior vitreous detachment, annoying but less serious. The "lightning flash" symptoms cleared up after a couple of days, but the huge floaters and overall haze and graininess will take a few weeks to clear. It's kinda distracting, especially at night, so I'm curtailing my usual late afternoon rides to be a bit shorter. And I end up flipping my helmet mirror out of the way because it's hard to tell the difference between actual movement in my mirror and floaters. I still have the handlebar-end mirror, which is out of the visual path where the worst floater is, so it's not distracting.

Anyway, did a couple of moderate effort rides this weekend, 32 miles Saturday, 27 miles Sunday. Our first really warm, borderline hot days, up to 90F Sunday. Didn't push too hard since I'm still acclimating. Seems to take longer as I get older, so I try to ride in the warmest part of the day starting in spring so I'm acclimated by July.