View Single Post
Old 06-05-20, 10:09 AM
Canker

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 330 Post(s)
Liked 209 Times in 133 Posts
I bought from the same place a few months ago to upgrade my hardtail's 1x10 sram non-clutch setup. I went with the box one 11-46 setup though since my other bike is a shimano XT 11-42 and didn't think I needed the 50. The Box stuff works fine but here are my two complaints
1. There is no way to turn the clutch off or lock the RD like you can with Shimano, Sram, pretty much everybody that uses a clutch. Kind of have to fight the clutch anytime you have to take the wheel off or deal with the chain which I haven't had to do since installing so not a huge deal.
2. The shifter. I mean it is fine but it feels a little cheap compared to the XT and I do miss the double upshift you get with XT, Sram doesn't have it either. I'd like to put a bit of grip tape or something on the upshift lever since it is just smooth plastic that would go along way to making it feel better. I heard people complain about the thumb effort it takes to down shift and yeah it is more compared to shimano but it isn't that much more and doesn't bother me.