View Single Post
Old 07-05-20, 08:38 PM
Happy Feet

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1687 Post(s)
Liked 663 Times in 381 Posts
I've been humming and hawing about pedals for the last while, really since thinking about rinko.

On the one hand, folding or detachable pedals would be convenient but they are a little more costly and one more technology to fail. For the amount of times I'd actually pack down the bike I am tempted to just unscrew standard pedals with a wrench. I could do some drillium to a 15cm pedal wrench and have it weight very little I suppose. On the other hand I kinda like the idea of going all in on the folding aspect and don't want to scrimp on pedals.

Six of one, half dozen of the other. I kinda like the idea of platform/clipless pedals and will keep my eyes open for a folder variety. For now I am going to use the standard convertible pedals from my other touring bike.

It's the same sort of debate with handlebars. I sort a kinda want drops with either brifters or Gevenalle's for optimal speed and endurance while riding but am loath to redo a perfectly functional flat bar set up. As is, the shifting is good. Maybe I'll do it when/if I upgrade the drivetrain beyond the cassette (from 11-25 to 11-34). For now I wanted to add these grips but they are sold out everywhere I usually order from. https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/.../rp-prod186576

Last edited by Happy Feet; 07-05-20 at 08:56 PM.