View Single Post
Old 07-16-20, 09:01 PM
Happy Feet

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2236 Post(s)
Liked 1,313 Times in 706 Posts
Had to wait a bit but now some more progress on the folder again. Still awaiting my Carradice order of a klickfix mount for the HB bag and saddle bag rack.

One thing I wanted to do was to add a second seat post collar to stop the post from creeping down while riding. It stays put pretty well but I noticed a little creep as the miles went by and this is a pre-emptive fix I generally do to most of my bikes.

Then I swapped out the stock 11-25 cassette for a more tour oriented Shimano 11-34. This was just a plug and play switch as the Sora rear derailer is rated to handle a 34T. With the new cassette I added a new SRAM 9speed chain with a quick link. I bought a spare to add to my tool kit. The original chain did not have one. In all I added about 5 links to the original length.

Next I added a base layer of Masi foam bar tape. Oh, I also swapped out the flat bar for a trekking bar - that way the brakes and shifters still fit.

And then a top coat of Brooks brown leather bar tape. This to accent the Brooks B67 saddle.

I'm splurging a bit but I know I will keep this bike for a while. So I was disappointed when I saw this!

In all, the leather bar tape has been spliced three times and two of the splices are already splitting without a single ride. WTF? One would expect a cheap product for a cheap price but this stuff is expensive and ordered direct from Brooks. I've emailed customer service to see what they say and will give the benefit of the doubt while I wait for a reply.

Last edited by Happy Feet; 07-16-20 at 09:04 PM.