View Single Post
Old 06-30-14, 08:33 PM
blue_cheese

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
My LBS also took the bike and said it should be about a week. They didn't exactly pry it, but I wasn't exactly eager to ride it until fixed either. I understand the chance of failure is slim, but none the less for some of my riding situations it can be very serious injury, I am not exactly cruising along in the local park.

From a liability perspective, I understand why they would "pry it". You are aware of the recall and the problem, they are aware, they are aware you are aware, and they physically had access to your bike. If they let you ride off on it without fixing it that would be one helluva lawsuit they can be setup for.

I dropped it off on Saturday, the owner pulled out a list of all the people that recalled bikes sold to at that location ( a long handwritten list, but long none the less) they promptly found my name and checked it on their list and said that it will be a week. Apologized and explained that they found out about the recall along with everyone else, so they received instructions late in the week and ordered an initial set of replacement forks to deal with the bikes they are expecting to see. Apparently the replacement forks should arrive mid this week (note that Tuesday is a holiday here in Canada), and they will replace the fork in day after so I can expect the bike back on Friday/Saturday, the time frame seems reasonable to me and I am happy with the way it is handled so far. Seems Trek takes better care of its customers than GM does