View Single Post
Old 07-01-14, 12:22 AM
ZOOTOOZ

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
In searching the internet for information on the Trek/Suntour recall, I found this forum which I didn't know about, and which looks great. I have a 2013 DS 8.4 which is covered by the recall, and am wondering if anyone has had the RST Vita replacement fork installed yet. The reason i ask is that in looking for this fork online, I find that, although the technical specs are close to the Suntour, it seems to come in only black or white. My bike is the Lava Black/Sparkling Silver color scheme, which i really like, and feel would be mucked up by either black or white. Is Trek painting these forks to be consistent with the original color schemes, or are they just using the generic versions? Also, the generic versions of the Vita available online have humongous brazed-on cantilever brake bosses, which of course are completely unnecessary on the recalled bikes, and in my opinion look terrible without cantilever brakes. Is it wishful thinking to suppose that Trek is having the replacements customized to eliminate these. I have to admit that if they are only available in black or white with the unnecessary brake bosses, I am seriously contemplating taking a pass on the recall, especially because the failure rate is so ridiculously low.

Thanks, and I'm glad I found this forum.