Old 03-12-16, 04:25 AM
Lil Bear

Bikes: '02 Kona Lava Dome, '15 Origami Crane8... the rest are top secret :)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Roody
More than a year ago. IIRC, the last ride was a trip to the store for a few items. I had already cut down on riding because of health problems. Then my heart gave out on me almost totally, and I had to quit riding. The goal now is to do some riding late this spring, and get back into it very gradually under my cardiologist's supervision. I don't know if I'll ever again be able to ride 365 days a year like I used to, but I do hope to get up to a respectable level by the end of the year. But it will be slow going at least for a while.
Eat your veggies, and don't quit! You can inspire us all!

I rode my bike 2 days ago, in the dark, for no reason. It was fantastic. I stopped riding 3 months ago when I got arrested. Apparently, someone slashed the tires on a police car... I was out for a walk and got stopped. I got a concussion, torn ligaments in my ankle, and a weekend in a place that doesn't allow underwear. My ankle isn't totally healed, but I've been walking on it for a couple weeks, and started riding again.. The weather has been good enough that there's no ice. If I slip, I can't put my foot down without risking a re-injury, so on dry roads I started pedaling. I still have to face trial, so that's a stressor, but I do love that I can do some errands without pain. I can walk slow... foot doesn't move that much, but pedaling bothers it less. I'm riding to the store in the morning for some tea - baby steps.