Old 08-29-18, 09:08 AM
Kaben

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by carleton

This is difficult to get used to on a road/TT bike. I've heard stories of people slipping off of them and wrecking on the road.

I wouldn't suggest it for the track because fixed gear makes getting into and staying in the right position that much harder. And if you slip off at high cadences, recovering and not crashing is near impossible.
Regarding Adamo saddles, I crashed earlier this year doing seated sprint training on my road bike with one.
I Hit a lump in the road surface and i was knocked off the short perch at the front of the Adamo. I ended up straddling the top tube (but over to one side) and after a few long moments I ended up skittering down the road. Lots of skin lost and a broken frame were what i ended up with. Thank goodness for insurance!
I wouldn't want to experience that same situation on a fixed gear - i think it would have been much worse as once bucked, you are no longer pedalling, so you would likely be pitched over the front of the bike rather than "low siding" as we used to call it in my motorcycle days.

That said, i do still love my Adamo saddles, but i think i will only use them for timetrialling going forward.