carleton
Elitist

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1197 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Actually, it uses two cadence magnets, one for each side:

2 and 3 point to the magnets.
1 and 4 are the torque sensors that collect torque and transmit when the Reed Switches therein are activated when they pass the magnets.

The head ***t receives the transmissions and notes how often they occur...and voila, that's your cadence: How often the Torque values are transmitted.

pic source: http://biketestreviews.com/infocrank-by-verve-cycling/

Next, it was time to install the cadence magnets. As stated earlier, a Praxis bottom bracket is recommended for use by Verve Cycling since the magnets are easily slipped onto the cups and secured by set screws. The R5ca uses a direct fit BB design so I am forced to stay with the standard 30x42x7 (6806) BB30 bearings plus BBRight spacers. This also means that I need to use the other cadence magnet option that comes in the accessories pack. This second set of magnets (shown below to the right) uses a 3M adhesive that you unpeel and stick to the underside of the BB shell. As you can see in the picture above, in order for it to fit and work correctly, I had to cut it in half as well as trim the sides so that the magnets would sit outboard as much as possible. In the picture above, #1 and #4 are the cadence sensors embedded into the crank arms, #2, #3 are the magnets. The key is to get the magnets as close to the sensors as possible, mark the outline of the magnets, unpeel the tape then stick. A quick check by spinning the cranks and watching the green lights flash told me everything was installed and working correctly. Next, I checked the torque on the chainring bolts followed by pairing the Power Meter to my head ***t. Lastly, I calibrated the power meter. A quick spin around the block showed me that everything was working perfectly.

Last edited by carleton; 12-30-18 at 01:12 AM.