View Single Post
Old 01-12-19, 09:46 AM
megaclyde

Bikes: Kona Sutra, Surly Ogre, Kona Rove ST, Trek Stache 5

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Pass the peas I'm glad I came across your thread. I wanted a rando bag for my doppler and was having trouble deciding on what rack to go with. Your pics showed me the Velo orange rack and bag was the exact size I was looking for so I felt good pulling the trigger. Thanks! Since you own the only doppler post on BF I'll share here and maybe some other owners will find us.
My bike story... A while back I was thinking of going to Tiagra 4700 on my Marin and while reading up on the groupo I stumbled upon the doppler pro. I thought it was spec'd really nice for the price and remember thinking I wish I just bought that instead of the Marin. Fast forward a year, I wasn't bike shopping but my local PB shop was going out of business and giving bikes away. They had the doppler in my size (56) for $710 and at that price I couldn't leave it there. For a better fit I threw on a dimension 90 mm 17 deg stem. To get some lower gearing I Changed out the crankset for an FSA energy modular with 46/30 rings and swapped in a sram 11-36 rear casette, 30/36 makes a really nice low gear and the Tiagra RD works flawlessly, no problems with the 2 extra teeth. I ditched the "recycled material" bar tape for some lizard skins and put on a Brooks C17 all weather saddle. MKS touring pedals and clips, a Cateye computer and the VO rack, cage and bag round out the package. This is my new all year all weather commuter. The only thing I want to work on is how my front rack is mounted. Instead of the P-Clamps my shop used some sort of extensions and spacers to reach the water bottle eyelets on the fork. It looks good enough and seems functional but I noticed after I took this pic the rack isn't level and leans back toward the bars. I'm gonna work on that.

Last edited by megaclyde; 01-12-19 at 09:49 AM.
Likes For megaclyde: