View Single Post
Old 02-20-19, 02:07 PM
Leisesturm

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2474 Post(s)
Liked 722 Times in 513 Posts
Originally Posted by Ericoschmitt
For a few years i've know of the existance of recumbent bikes. I've always been interested in their aerodynamic advantages, but as I also race ocasionally, I can't use UCI illegal bikes for that. Since now I got all the upright racing bikes I wanted, I can think about a recumbent just for the fun of going faster, and this is a project I want to develop during this year. It's a quite lengthy post, but I hope some of you can help me with this project! Thanks in advance!
You ask a lot of good questions but you also make some incorrect assumptions. I think you should visit the WISIL site (recumbents.com). They are more construction oriented than BROL. But having a wide base of opinions is not that bad of a thing. Unless they all conflict and leave you nowhwere. You could do a lot worse than just buy a Performer Low (or High) racer and call it good!! You are NOT going to build a better bike on your own with no experience. Buying your first lowracer does not at all mean that your dream of building one has to be scratched. But you will at least have something to base it on. If you do decide to build then the earlier suggestion of the Atomic Zombie low (or high) racer is a really good one. A very good one.