View Single Post
Old 02-21-19, 11:23 AM
Ericoschmitt

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Leisesturm
You ask a lot of good questions but you also make some incorrect assumptions. I think you should visit the WISIL site (recumbents.com). They are more construction oriented than BROL. But having a wide base of opinions is not that bad of a thing. Unless they all conflict and leave you nowhwere. You could do a lot worse than just buy a Performer Low (or High) racer and call it good!! You are NOT going to build a better bike on your own with no experience. Buying your first lowracer does not at all mean that your dream of building one has to be scratched. But you will at least have something to base it on. If you do decide to build then the earlier suggestion of the Atomic Zombie low (or high) racer is a really good one. A very good one.
Thats a very wise advice.
The only problem is that I live in Brazil and I can't find any recumbent bikes here, except that one I mentioned that is more like a backyard project than anything, so I'm pretty sure I can do better than that with the help of an experienced framebuilder.
Importing isn't really an option since shipping would cost as much or more as an used frame or bike, and we have ridiculously high taxes that go over product+shipping value, and add up to 92% (yes, thats correct) of the total value. Custom building would cost way less, so I can choose a model and make a copy of a design I like.